Level: Introductory Intermediate
The container virtualization movement is upon us. Containers deliver the promise of portable development, rapid deployment and true scale bursting capabilities. If you have not yet taken a fundamental look at container technology please do, containers will be important to developers, IT Pros and those in between.
This session will discuss fundamental aspects of container virtualization and the details the opportunity for using containers on Microsoft platforms and services. It will include details and demonstrations in:
- Running Linux containers in Azure and managing these containers with Docker
- Developing in Linux containers on a Windows System using Docker Toolbox
- Running and managing Windows Server Containers with both PowerShell and Azure
This will be a demo heavy session and will appeal to those familiar with containers but looking for more information into the Microsoft Platforms and Service, as well as those to whom containers are new.
You will learn:
- How to deploy and manage Linux containers in Azure
- How to develop in Linux containers on a Windows system
- About the upcoming Windows Server Container technology