TechMentor Orlando 2018 - Call for Presentations
December 2-7, 2018 • Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Orlando, FL
The Call for Presentations for TechMentor Orlando 2018 is now OPEN
Proposals are due: Monday, April 16 5:00 PM PST
Submit your proposals here: https://sessionize.com/live360/
Join us December 2-7,2018 at the Loews Royal Pacific hotel in Orlando, FL for an amazing TechMentor (part of Live! 360) – and an opportunity to bring some of your newest knowledge and experience to share with our enthusiastic audience of IT professionals!
It’s a busy, exciting time in IT, and we’re asking our speakers to present new and exciting sessions. While we’ve always had, and continue to maintain, a strong Microsoft focus, we recognize that business datacenters are increasingly embracing a range of vendors and technologies, so you’re welcome to present on anything that’s relevant to the current IT landscape. And, with technologies like Windows Server 2016, Docker, containers, OMS, and more, there’s so much more that our attendees are eager to learn!
The TechMentor Orlando agenda for December 2018 will consist of 75-minute breakout sessions. A small number of 4-hour and 8-hour opening and closing workshops are also available for those proposing deep dive topics.
We are also planning to offer a number of 8-hour Hands-On Labs, in which attendees will use their own laptops. If you submit a session that could be hands-on, please clearly indicate this (“HOL”) in your proposal. Be prepared to provide a PDF lab guide for students to use in class, as part of your session materials.
As always, TechMentor provides the real-world, independent alternative to the big first-part conferences. Our goal is to give attendees what they need today, while preparing them for tomorrow. Zero marketing-speak, a strong emphasis on doing more with the technology they already own, and solid coverage of what’s just around the corner.
With that in mind, we’re asking you to propose topics in the following general tracks:
- Hybrid and Cloud Operations. These topics should include Windows Server, Azure Stack, Linux, systems management, virtualization, containers, and other datacenter-focused sessions. Sessions here can also focus on real-world use of cloud services and how to get more from them. Whether that’s Azure, Google, or AWS, sessions here should see a focus on extremely practical applications, not pie-in-the-sky, you-might-do-this-someday.
- Client Device. Sessions should focus on Windows Client, mobile device management, and other client-centric topics. Operating system deployment, device security, and related areas are also in-scope.
- DevOps. These will drill into automation, with a strong emphasis on Windows PowerShell and related technologies. Desired State Configuration, self-service management, and similar topics are a great fit here.
- IT Soft Skills. We will accept a small number of sessions designed to round out attendees’ resumes. Better presentation skills, project management, and related topics are perfect.
- Infrastructure. This track will focus on networking infrastructure, storage infrastructure, and other, related topics. This is a great opportunity to help expand attendees’ knowledge base.
- IT Security. White hat hacking, penetration testing, system hardening, network security, sessions in this track focus on the IT security tasks to be encountered by the everyday IT Professional in their job.
Our audience consists of IT Professionals with years of experience, as well as a smaller number of developer IT pros, so we tend to focus on technically deep sessions. Feature overviews and the like will be given lower priority during session selection.
Our call for papers will wrap up on DEADLINE April 16, 2018, so please don’t delay! https://sessionize.com/live360/
Please include the following information with your submission (Failure to supply all requested information may limit opportunities for selection):
- Speaker’s Name
- Speaker’s Title
- Speaker’s Company
- Title of Presentation
- 100-word Description of Presentation
- 3-5 Bullets, explaining what the attendee will learn from presentation
- Speaker’s Color Photo (hi-resolution)
- Speaker’s Bio, including previous conference speaking/presentation experience
Speakers chosen to present at TechMentor Orlando 2018 (part of Live! 360) will receive a stipend for each session they present. TechMentor / Live! 360 Conferences will also cover hotel accommodations (room and tax only) for a pre-determined number of nights at a host hotel as outlined in the speaker agreement. Speakers are responsible for their own travel costs and incidentals.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dave Kawula and Sami Laiho, TechMentor Conference Co-Chairs
For questions or to be added to our call for presentations notification list, please contact:
Sr. Event Manager