Microsoft released its new, ultra-slim, "born in the cloud" Windows Server 2016 SKU called Nano Server last year making it specifically only supported to be run as a container OS and it is time to now check how to actually use it in the cloud. Let's discover some real use cases for Nano Server in the cloud:
- How do you build a Nano Server container?
- How do you manage and maintain it?
- How does it fit into your DevOps toolchain?
- How does one actually run these containers in a real production environment?
This session will take the usual session content a bit further by not diving too much into what Nano Server is, but how and why it can bring value to your containerized application environment.
You will learn:
- About Windows containers in the cloud
- How to manage containers in production
- What does a real DevOps toolchain look like