Microsoft Cloud and Datacenter MVP
Founder and Principal Consultant
Richard M Hicks Consulting
With today's highly mobile workforce, secure access regardless of location is essential for maintaining productivity. DirectAccess, a remote access technology included with Windows Server 2012 R2, is a paradigm shift in the way remote access is delivered. DirectAccess provides always-on, seamless and transparent remote access any time a client is connected to the Internet. With DirectAccess, users access data and applications remotely in exactly the same way as in the office. Network communication is protected using IPsec encryption and authenticated using Kerberos, NTLM, and certificates. DirectAccess connectivity is bi-directional, enabling compelling manage-out capabilities not available with tradition VPN solutions.
You will learn:
- What platform technologies comprise DirectAccess
- How DirectAccess works
- How to implement, manage, support, and troubleshoot DirectAccess
- How to enable "manage-out"
- How to implement redundancy and high availability
- How to migrate from previous versions of DirectAccess